Enable Pinpoint Bookmarking™
Easily add Pinpoint Bookmarking™ in Apple’s Action Extension area by following these Simple Steps.
***NOTE: This is required for the Pinpoint Bookmarking™ app to work as you will need the Pinpoint Bookmarking™ Action Extension in Apple’s Share Sheet to get content into Pinpoint Bookmarking™. Also note that following the instructions below will NOT ONLY install the Pinpoint Bookmarking™ Action Extension in Apple’s Share Sheet in Safari, but it will install it in the Share Sheet for ALL other apps (basically, once it’s in the Share Sheet for one thing, it’s in the Share Sheet for all things).
- Go to the Safari web browser on your iPhone or iPad (Yes, you can do this in all the other browsers as well (and in some apps also), but, for consistency’s sake we will show you what it looks like when doing it in Safari).
- Go to any website (you need to go to a website otherwise the Share icon () will not be active. Heck, why not go to http://www.PinpointBookmarking.com ;)
- Once you are at a website you will see that the share icon at the bottom of the page becomes active. Tap it:
- Scroll to the bottom of that menu that pops up. At the very bottom of the menu it says “Edit Actions…” Tap on those words.
- Scroll through the list that pops up until you find “Pinpoint Bookmark“
- To the right of the word “Pinpoint Bookmark” you will see a slider that is greyed out.
- Touch on that slider so it slides to the right and it goes green, indicating that it has been activated:
- Then, tap on the green “+” button so that it gets added to the top of the page under your favorites (Ok, so this is “optional” but it helps if it’s at the top so you can use it more easily). Here is how it will look once it moves to the favorites section:
- Tap “Done” in the upper right corner and you will see Pinpoint Bookmarking™ in the Share Sheet, ready to use: